Monday, December 02, 2013

Catch the Flavour!

"So what happened next??" She asked.

"I don't know!" I replied nonchalantly.

September 23rd. Marine Drive. Mumbai.

A Sunday evening filled with vagabond clouds and people. Waves were responding in a fashion to support her. Hisss-husss! Really, I was trying to recollect what happened to my fucking mind when I escaped just to feel a little punk- rebellious and now was trying to hide that with my puny-egregious responses but to my misfortune, I couldn't. Although when I look back and think was it a right decision to leave calculation and revel in the moment, it still makes me cringe yet I am still trying not to run amok like last year but who cares.


Last year. December 30th. Mumbai.

“Woohoooo!” A collective rejoicing sound is an indicator of rising party fever. This party was a double whammy. Reason one, end of the year party at an isolated beach with a bunch of college friends; Reason two, I got scholarship to study in Scotland. It was probably one of the last gala moment, I was having with my friends.

“Hey man! This beach is so dull, we should have gone to Goa”, Sid yelled.

 “Dude! Goa Is overrated. Everybody rushing there. What’s the difference?”,Jomo retorted.

“I know a place but we have to go via highway”, Ronny, who is usually reticent joined in.

“no ..no.. I am not going anywhere. I remember the last time”,Jomo said.

“Jomo! C’mon man, be a sport! What happened last time? You just blowing it out of proportion!”, Sid replied.


I remembered last time was a fun experiment gone little haywire. I smirked at the flashback visuals from last NH trip when we had exhausted our fuel and had no money to buy even a single wada pav! May be Jomo was right. Besides that, these are times quite prone to road accidents. Weekend, Year-end and Christmas-New Year bashes across the city made it difficult to drive on bottlenecked traffic.

“I second that!”, Now was the turn for me to speak.
Sid looked puzzingly at me, “ Dude! When you became such a spoilsport?”

“I gotta go home.And I think this is the last party we’re having…”I was speaking but got interrupted.

“Okay, time to reveal our little secret to our departing friend!”, All smiled.

Now was the time for me to get puzzled.

“Wha…”

A box filled with Bacardi lime flavour was opened.

“Guess what we got you wimpy boy?”, Sid smiled sheepishly.

“NH7 weekender passes!!!!”,All yelled.

Whoaa!!!!

Get into the moment man! Let us Catch the flavour of Life just like this lime”,Jomo smirked.

“Shut up. You gyaani!!”Ronny smilingly said.

“Now is the time to go!!wwwwoohoooooo!!!”

  


Dec 30th. This year. 

Now when i am sitting by the window in Scotland, I can recollect why I couldn't speak to Madhu about this trip.You know why??Because It is all about the moment and flavour and you have to catch it rather than capturing it.


No comments:

Post a Comment